On coastal islands here in Maine, USA, some islands have chosen to simply lay
the fiber cables on the ground rather than bury them or place them on poles as
long as the run does not cross roads or other potentially damaging obstacles.
Seems to be working well.

Good luck getting faster service!

Doug C.

---- On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 15:38:09 -0500 Bo Berglund via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote ----

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 11:35:20 +0100, Florian Klämpfl via lazarus
<mailto:lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>May I quote you in discussions :)))? Here in Germany, Sweden is always
>taken as an example where even the smallest cottage has internet by fiber.

Of course :-)
But my summer cottage case is a special one: sparesly populated area
with difficult terrain, mostly granite islands with very little soil
for digging.