On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 15:14:47 +0100, Martin Frb via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>On 28/11/2019 15:10, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
>>
>> You could try running lazarus, without gdb, but with output
>> redirection to a file.
>> Lazarus has some logging that checks for an open console. So there
>> will be content in that file, that does not confirm anything about a
>> rogue writeln. But if there were no crash, it could be a hint.
>
>you could try
>
>lazarus --debug-log=/home/NAME/good-log.txt  > /home/NAME/bad-log.txt
>
>The first part redirects any proper logging. So anything that goes into
>the 2nd file, would need to be checked.

So I shut down the gdb session and edited the desktop file to not use
startlazarus, but lazarus directly.

Then started Lazarus IDE and continued writing code.
Seemed to work fine until just a couple of minutes ago when the crash
happened again. So it was not the fact I was using startlazarus that
made it vulnerable...
The crash happened as I doubleclicked an identifier in the code in
order to replace the name with the clipboard content.

I will now go back to starting lazarus with gdb again like I did
before so I can get a longer crash-free session.

I also wonder exactly what you meant for me to do above concerning the
debug-log?
Do you mean for me to use that command inside gdb to start lazarus?
In that case I also need to set the --pcp option, right?

Or did you mean it as an alternative test to what I tried just before
with a *regular* start but with lazarus rather than startlazarus?

I.e. in terminal:
/home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.6.0/lazarus --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6
--debug-log=/home/pi/log/good-log.txt  > /home/pi/log/bad-log.txt

I am now running via gdb again exactly as I did before the test
without gdb.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden