On Mon, 25 May 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

On Mon, 25 May 2020 07:36:55 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via
lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

On Sun, 24 May 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

Comment=Lazarus IDE 2.0.8
Terminal=false
Name=Lazarus 2.0.8
Exec=/home/bosse/dev/lazarus/2.0.8/startlazarus

Set this to
/bin/bash -l home/bosse/dev/lazarus/2.0.8/startlazarus
--pcp=/home/bosse/.lazarus_2.0.8 %f

and .profile will be read.

I have a similar issue, and that is how I solved it.

So I wonder if maybe Lazarus has a similar setting?

No, you must set the options on the desktop/menu entry that starts lazarus.

Or maybe VNC server does?

You must run lazarus not by directly running the startlazarus, but by
invoking the shell with -l option. You can create a script for it.

Michael.

Something must have gone wrong here...
I changed the desktop file but no Lazarus showed up so I tried to run
the Exec command from a terminal instead:

bosse@polaris-ubuntu:~$ /bin/bash -l
/home/bosse/dev/lazarus/2.0.8/startlazarus
--pcp=/home/bosse/.lazarus_2.0.8 %f

You must omit the %f on the command line.

What happens if you do

/bin/bash -l -c '/home/bosse/dev/lazarus/2.0.8/startlazarus
--pcp=/home/bosse/.lazarus_2.0.8'

Michael.