On 5/28/20 6:44 PM, Brian via lazarus wrote:
> On 5/28/20 6:17 PM, Brian via lazarus wrote:
>> On 5/28/20 3:50 PM, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
>>> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 7:38 PM Brian via lazarus
>>> <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

Omission from last post corrected below...

>>> The .deb packages provide a released version.
>>> If something is fixed in the development version (trunk), you must use
>>> it instead.
>>> fpcupdeluxe is not needed. Just get the sources (svn co ...) and then
>>> build with "make". Run it directly ($ ./lazarus). No installation is
>>> required.
>>> FPC must be installed obviously before all that. The version from your
>>> distro's repository will do.
>>>

>> Unless you feel that fpcupdeluxe is not installing the trunk version
>> when that is selected, I really can't see how removing it from the
>> equation will change anything. fpcupdeluxe is just a convenience.
>> Nevertheless, I will give it a try, subversion and then building it
>> myself, but more in hope than expectation. Watch this space...
>>

> I checked out trunk (r63245) via subversion, which reported no errors.
> I then changed into the subdirectory, and ran
>
> make -B
>
> The following is a cut and paste of the results.
>

>> brian@brian-mint:~/subversion/lazarus$ make -B
>> make -C packager/registration
>> make[1]: Entering directory
>> '/home/brian/subversion/lazarus/packager/registration'
>> /bin/rm -f ../units/x86_64-linux/fcllaz.ppu
>> /bin/mkdir -p ../units/x86_64-linux
>> /usr/bin/ppcx64 -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -g -gl -l -vewnhibq -Fu.
>> -Fu/usr/lib/fpc/3.0.4/units/x86_64-linux/rtl -FE. -FU../units/x86_64-linux
>> -Cg -dx86_64 fcllaz.pas
>> Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.4 [2018/10/29] for x86_64
>> Copyright (c) 1993-2017 by Florian Klaempfl and others
>> (1002) Target OS: Linux for x86-64
>> (3104) Compiling fcllaz.pas
>> /home/brian/subversion/lazarus/packager/registration/fcllaz.pas(11,3) Fatal:
>> (10022) Can't find unit db used by fcllaz
>> Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
>> Makefile:2929: recipe for target 'fcllaz.ppu' failed
>> make[1]: *** [fcllaz.ppu] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> '/home/brian/subversion/lazarus/packager/registration'
>> Makefile:3410: recipe for target 'registration' failed
>> make: *** [registration] Error 2
>> brian@brian-mint:~/subversion/lazarus$
>

> So, I decided to try running an update, in case something had failed
> to download, and I'd missed it. Again, cut and pasted.
>
>> brian@brian-mint:~/subversion$ svn update lazarus
>> Updating 'lazarus':
>> At revision 63245.
>> brian@brian-mint:~/subversion$
>>

> So, nothing to update.
>
> fpcupdeluxe at least seems to build correctly...
>
> Oh, BTW, the fpc I have installed is 3.0.4. I am fairly sure, but not
> absolutely certain, that this would have been from the .DEBs
> downloaded from Sourceforge.

Sorry, I should have added to the last message that a new checkout
(deleting the entire target directory tree first) via fpcupdeluxe
built correctly, but still showed the same errors with 'i' and 'm'.
The only difference in the compilation (that I know of) with
fpcupdeluxe is that it's using the trunk version of fpc as well as of
lazarus.

Brian.