On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Luca Olivetti via lazarus wrote:

El 3/6/20 a les 15:54, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus ha escrit:

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Luca Olivetti via lazarus wrote:

Hello,

I need to embed a simple web server in my application that

1) should server a couple of static files
2) send server-sent events

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Server-sent_events/Using_server-sent_events

I can see that 1) is easy, but 2) I cannot see how (fpWeb model doesn't seem to allow to take over the socket and keep sending data on it). I saw an old message regarding websockets and bauglir-websocket but it seems it implements a different server and I'd like to run everything from the same socket.

Simply said: You can't in FPC.

The only way to do this with FPC is using websockets, indeed using
bauglir-websocket. I use it myself like that.

I didn't look into it too much, but does it also serve "normal" http? If so I could adapt it to manage events (after all it's much simpler than websockets).

No, it does not serve normal http.

Michael.