On Fri, 3 Jul 2020, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

On 03/07/2020 16:21, Péter Gábor via lazarus wrote:
Hi!

I hope that you did not misread my words/sentences.
Your example if perfect to illustrate the reason why I don't want
international characters in the language itself (and identifiers).
Yes, that was my understanding.

You gave reasons why it would be a bad idea. I added a reason, that I think would make the idea even worse.
In other words, I supported the current a-z0-1_ set.

I did a quick test in Delphi:

program doti;

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}

Var
  i: Integer; // lowercase dotted i in turkish

begin
  for İ :=0 to 10 do // uppercase dotted I in turkish
    writeln(i);
end.

Results in

[dcc32 Error] doti.dpr(9): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'İ'

Same for German:

program doti;

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}

Var
  ẞ: Integer;

begin
  for ß :=0 to 10 do
    writeln(ß);
end.

[dcc32 Error] doti.dpr(9): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'ß'

So indeed, case-insensitivity is lost. Even in German.

Michael.