On 19/07/2020 22:27, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
I try to enter ifdef/endif blocks into my code and so I have this
copied to the clipboard:

{$IFDEF USE_ANALYZER}
{$ENDIF}

When I get to a block I want to condition I put the cursor at the
beginning of the block and paste these lines.
Then I select the second line I pasted and drag it to the end of the
block so it covers the whole block.

Next I find the subsequent block to treat and I place the cursor at
the start and make a Ctrl-V to paste.
But now only the line
{$ENDIF}
is pasted!

Where can I switch this strange behaviour OFF!
I am using Lazarus 2.0.8 with FPC 3.0.4 on Raspbian Linux.

On Linux you should have 2 clipboards.
One  is automatically assigned, if you select text. It is used for pasting via middle mouse button. (it only reacts OnRequest)

Afaik there isn't an option for that.
This is the first time I hear that this replaces the other clipboard....

See TCustomSynEdit.AquirePrimarySelection;

Unless something happens during dragging... (I could not find anything in the code from a cursory look) If you just select the text, and then do ctrl-v, do you get the original clipboard, or the selection?

And I rearrange the code frequently by using mouse moves (dragging).
If you use trunk, you can move lines (or selected lines, or even random selection) up and down via keyboard.

  ecMoveLineUp:          VK_UP,[XCtrl, ssShift, ssAlt]);  // or selected lines   ecMoveLineDown:     VK_DOWN,[XCtrl, ssShift, ssAlt]); // or selected lines   ecDuplicateLine:        VK_INSERT,[XCtrl, ssShift, ssAlt]); // or selected lines

  ecMoveSelectUp:      VK_NUMPAD8,[XCtrl, ssAlt]);
  ecMoveSelectDown: VK_NUMPAD2,[XCtrl, ssAlt]);
  ecMoveSelectLeft:     VK_NUMPAD4,[XCtrl, ssAlt]);
  ecMoveSelectRight:  VK_NUMPAD6,[XCtrl, ssAlt]);
  ecDuplicateSelection: VK_NUMPAD0,[XCtrl, ssAlt]);

(You can also add to the clipboard, collecting content from diff places. )