On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 13:23:43 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via
lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

The lazserial seems to be a wrapper around lazsynaser, which I assume is from
synapse.

You should be OK just using directly lazsynaser.

It has no GUI dependencies. The drawback is probably that you must create
the component in code instead of dropping it on a datamodule.

I am anyway creating everything in code in a console application...

The reason I went with LazSerial is that it was the closest in
functionality I could find to the serial port component I used in the
source Delphi program I am porting.

For example I need the event model for retrieving the incoming data
and the transmit must not be blocking.

Lazserial is simply a wrapper that allows you to set properties in the
designer. It adds no functionality, so you will not lose anything..

Michael.