On Sun, 1 Nov 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 10:20:11 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt via
lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

QUESTION:
Is there a way in code to check if Forms is used?
So it can be used instead of {$IFDEF NOGUI}

normally

{$IF DECLARED(Forms)}
or
{$IF DECLARED(TForm)}

should do the trick for you.

I created this command line program:

program Test;

begin
 Writeln('I will test the TForm check now:');
 {$IF DECLARED(TForm)}
   Writeln('TForm is declared...');
 {$ELSE}
   Writeln('Apparently TForm not declared');
 {$ENDIF}
 Writeln('I will test the Forms check now:');
 {$IF DECLARED(Forms)}
   Writeln('Forms is declared...');
 {$ELSE}
   Writeln('Apparently Forms not declared');
 {$ENDIF}

end.

When I run it in a console:

$ ./Test
I will test the TForm check now:
Apparently TForm not declared
I will test the Forms check now:
Apparently Forms not declared

However in the Lazarus code editor the lines inside the {$ELSE}
clauses are shown as disabled even though these are the ones actually
present and running in the build...

Well, then the IDE codetools have an issue.

Michael.