On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:41 AM Juha Manninen via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> LazUtils has unit Masks with classes TMask and TMaskList.
> FPC's packages/fpindexer has unit FPMasks also with classes TMask and
> TMaskList.

MaskEdit is a LCL control and hence has nothing to do in fpc.
I have in the past copied bits of TMaskEdit to a related fpc unit
(cannot remeber exactly which), so that they work the same (setting
and removing masks IIRC), with the exception that TMaskEdit does this
on UTF-8, while the fpc unit assumes 1-byte ANSI encoding (so it won't
work on UTF-8).
Given the release cycle of fpc, I would strongly advise to have this
code on "our side" (Lazarus), so bugs can be eliminated much faster.

The Masks unit is not related to TMaskEdit.
For the Masks unit: the same UTF-8 problems exist with it's fpc
counterpart IIRC (did not study the code recently).
So, I would like to keep it "here" as well.

--
Bart