El 02/03/2021 a las 15:22, Bart via lazarus escribió:

Hello,

First we will fork Lazarus 2.2
Then work in mask unit can proceed.

The advantage of this is that the new implementation is not hindered
by the old implementation.
So, no need to implement TMask.MatchesWindowsMask in the new implementation.

It's implemented as a new class, descendant from TMask*. Of course it needs some unit testing.

I did not study th enew implementation in depth, but things like
escaping sound OK, if configurable.

It is, character and use it or not.

Case sensitivity must be configurable, and in contrast to TMask we
might choose to implement is as
CaseSensitive/CaseInsensitive/OSDefault.

Currently not OSDefault as for files it should be filesystem default which is unknown (filesystem decides on each call) and for regular strings I do not know which could be "OSDefault" :-?

Doing it in such a way would also make adapting the TShell* controls
easier, we can simply publish a property that controls the options for
the mask.

No problem, you can use the code or move it to the trash bin :-)