Michael Van Canneyt <mich...@freepascal.org> schrieb am So., 13. Juni 2021,
13:53:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021, Sven Barth via lazarus wrote:
>
> > Am 11.06.2021 um 23:48 schrieb Juha Manninen via lazarus:
> >> Regarding issue : https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28450
> >> <https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28450>
> >>
> >> The parameter passed to function RegisterComponents() is
> TComponentClass
> >> which means "class of TComponent". It is only type information and does
> not
> >> carry information about sub-components.
> >> Could somebody please explain how it works in Delphi. Does this really
> work
> >> :
> >>   RegisterComponents('Sample', [TMyFrame]);
> >
> > Yes, it does work this way. I don't know what you mean with "information
> > about sub-components". The VMT vFieldTable entry contains all published
> > fields of the class and thus all the sub controls that are visible
> through
> > the RTTI and thus for the designer. If the IDE does not use that yet,
> then it
> > definitly should.
> >
> >> I added a comment to the report but it is old and the reporter may not
> read
> >> it.
> >> Maybe there should be a new function RegisterFrame() or similar?
> >
> > There is no need to add anything, because the necessary information is
> > already there. It's just that the IDE doesn't use it yet.
>
> In Delphi, the above also does not work, you need special handling for
> frames, just as for forms.

You think I didn't test it before writing? I created a frame, added it to a
package, added a Register procedure, installed the package, started a new
VCL application and added that frame to the form from the component
palette. I had added a button and a combo box and both were visible in the
designer.

Or did I miss something here?

Regards,
Sven