On Fri, 8 Apr 2022, Sven Barth via lazarus wrote:

Marco van de Voort via lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> schrieb am
Fr., 8. Apr. 2022, 11:58:

IOW in which cases is disambiguation in the class registration of the
generated app needed?

Sure, the IDE is also a FPC/Lazarus app, but it has more leeway for
solutions that doesn't require changes to the way EVERY APP streams its
forms.

The use case that Michael has in mind is that inside an app you have a
StdCtrls.TButton and a MyControls.TButton. Right now one *must* rename ones
own even though the full name including unit name is unique.

Solving this would at the same time allow the IDE to have a TButton for
both the LCL and e.g. Web Components Library. Right now they need to be
named differently like WebCtrls.TWButton.

Exactly so. I can't explain it clearer than this.

Streaming destroys the namespaces that units offer.

And while I've been aware of this issue for a long time and have studied the
solution, the second problem is now becoming acute: I have 2 TJSONDatasets and 2 TRESTDatasets... (and more will follow)

The solution (activate unit scoped identifiers for streaming) is just taking existing concepts to their logical conclusion.

It's simply a pity Borland didn't go all the way when they designed the
streaming; All I am proposing is to complete the work.

(in a backwards compatible manner, to boot)

Michael.