On Thu, 9 Feb 2023 21:05:13 +0100, Martin Frb via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>On 09/02/2023 20:24, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 18:34:27 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus
>> <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>>> What does this mean?
>>>
>>> I have never seen this before in my many years of Lazarus usage...
>>>
>>> And what should I do to rectify it?
>>>
>> I found this being discussed on gitlab:
>> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/35254
>>
>> and
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/38684
>>

>> Seems like there is no solution yet, am I right?
>>
>> So, should I just disregard it completely?
>>

>In Lazarus trunk it can be disabled....
>
>But before that.... tuff.

When is the next release of Lazarus including this change due to be published?
Version 2.2.4 seems to be quite old now.

But I don't get it, every time I start up Lazarus in Ubuntu it pops up the
dialog and no matter what I do inside it it is not accepted.

If I start the IDE anyway from the dialog without doing anything it looks like
Lazarus is working and I can build apps earlier built with 2.0.12.
But shutting down Lazarus and then starting it, again shows the dialog. :-(

And it seems to be looking for $HOME/.config/fppkg.cfg even though I am using
separate install dirs for Lazarus 2.0.12 and 2.2.4 and the launch file
lazarus_2.2.4.desktop contains --pcp=/home/bosse/.lazarus_2.2.4

So I would expect the location of the fppkg.cnf file to be inside that pcp dir,
but it is not.

Apart from that location (provided the fpc version is in play) there could be
another location below $HOME/lib/fpc/3.2.2 that could be used, but the dialog
does not accept that either. This is where make install for fpc copied a lot of
files.

>Try to delete the old config by hand.
>Then -outside the IDE - use the latest (3.2.2) fppkg to create a new
>config. (may or may not need the fpc install in PATH)

Exactly what do you suggest here?
- Which old config? File name and location please.
- How do I use the new fpc to recreate it? I don't even know what it is....

Note that I must be able to run my existing Lazarus 2.0.12 until everything with
2.2.4 has been checked to work..

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden