On 2/12/23 15:44, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
It seems not so good to copy the files into each project. In Delphi they were
accessed from one location by several projects by using search path settings
(not available in Lazarus).

You can set per-project unit search paths. This is available from Project -> Project Options -> Compiler Options (in the tree at the left side) -> Paths (below Compiler Options -> the "Other unit files" entry (you can use the ... button to edit the paths individually).

So now I wonder if one can put several really non-related units in a common
package such that they will be available in every application from Lazarus?
I.e. package lazcommon containing 5+ different units defining various classes
and compiled by the package handler.

Yes you can also use packages for this. Simply make a new package, click the "Add" button, click "Add Files from File System" and select the files you want to add to the package. Save, compile and the package is done.

To use the package from a project, either a) open the package itself and click "Use" and then "Add to project" or b) open the project's inspector from Project -> Project Inspector, click "Add", click "New requirement" and find the package name in the dialog box.

You don't need to have any components or GUI in the package (though if you want it is possible to have components, GUI and forms in them).

Kostas