It does not happen to me, tested Win 10 and Win 11.
For me focus goes back to the source editor.

I switched back to the IDE with Alt-Tab. Maybe you use some other way? I also tried by clicking the icon in the taskbar, and that worked (tested Win 10 only).

Do you have any packages installed? (Maybe Anchor-Docking?)