On Fri, 17 Mar 2023, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 08:43:55 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

FPC has not changed. It still works the same.
Everything that is under control of FPC is linked statically.

But a complex GUI system like the LCL uses GTK/GDK/Qt and other libraries,
and those are dynamic, external libraries over which FPC or lazarus has no
control.

This aplication is a console (i.e NO GUI) application and it only uses these
units:

videosplitcmb.lpr:

uses
 {$IFDEF UNIX}
   cthreads,
 {$ENDIF}
 Classes,
 { you can add units after this }
 sysutils,
 utils,
 runthread;

and

utils.pas:

uses
 Classes,
 SysUtils,
 Process;

What is complex here?

cthreads. The name says it all: C threads. It uses the C library.

See:

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/cthreads/index.html

If you use a unit that relies on LibC somewhere, you automatically depend on
the libc
version.

Since I am only using FPC units, how can I know???

You want to say that you don't even know what the units do that you are using ?

You have no idea how scary that is to me...

Michael.