On 18/03/2023 22:55, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

Hi,

I did a git pull of latest lazarus sources.

Someone added laz.virtualtreeview and fpdebuggerfp to the IDE uses clause.

This caused the compilation to fail, since these units are also in the
installed packages.

For instance the online packagemanager also used laz.virtualtreeview, so laz.virtualtreeview was added to staticpackages.inc, which is included in the uses clause and leading to duplicate units in the uses clause.

If some functionality of the IDE uses laz.virtualtreeview then the IDE
should properly list a depencency on that package, instead of adding it hardcoded in the IDE uses clause. As soon as a user installs the package in
question (s)he will have the same error as I did.

I removed the duplicates and pushed the change.

Michael.

They werent duplicates.
Those units (or their packages) are now hardcoded included.

This error happens everytime, when packages become part of the core list.
Because older IDE are not forward compatible with that sort of change.

With then removed, the IDE will fail to build, when those packages are not installed manually.

To work around:

Build once via
  make clean bigide
and after that all should work.

Or remove the 3 units from lazarus.pp / rebuild / add them again

Once you have a new IDE, it wont add them to staticpackages anymore.