As we're winding up preparations for our upcoming release, we've been collecting all of our outstanding changes relative to Lazarus trunk and splitting them into patches.  Outside some that are specific to us, we currently have about 130 distinct patches, half of which are for LCLCocoa, with the remainder being a mix of LCL core, LCLQt5, or components.  Some of those would require significant effort to develop example apps and bug write-ups for, which would be hard to justify if they're unlikely to be merged.

Dmitry hasn't been actively maintaining the Cocoa widgetset for quite a while now, and my understanding is that he's stepped down. Alextp has been pinging me on a issues that impact him, but I'm not currently a member of the Lazarus team.  I think I can do good job of evaluating patches, but macOS has already taken up significantly more of my time than I can justify, and I've already had to reduce my Cocoa efforts here.  David Jenkins is our primary macOS/Linux developer and did at one point have LCLCarbon commit access, but he's never been very active in that capacity.  He doesn't want maintainership himself either, but we can have him help, especially if it helps get our patches merged.

One concern I have with either of us is that an explicit design goal of our app is that it feel as macOS-native as possible, and that has involved considerable work to bypass the LCL in various ways.  We don't use the LCL common dialogs, for example, so if those break, we're less likely to notice.  We also don't use Lazarus on Windows, and David doesn't have any significant Win32 experience, so cross-widgetset functionality that we need on macOS/Linux could easily conflict with things that the LCL needs elsewhere.

Has there been any movement to replace Dmitry?  Are there any other developers who've expressed interest or even shown significant knowledge on the LCLCocoa innards?

--
Zoë Peterson
Scooter Software