On Thu, 20 Apr 2023, Koenraad Lelong via lazarus wrote:

Hi,
I'm updating an application that uses TSQLConnector to connect to MySQL 5.7.
The MySQL server (5.7.42) will be restricted to use only TSLv1.2 (or higher).
Is this possible with TSQLConnector ?
TLSv1.1 works without configuring anything.
With my test-server, it fails to connect when this is set to allow only TLSv1.2.
The application will run on Windows 11 if that matters.
My libmysql.dll is version 5.7.42.0, in the same directory as the application.

TSQLConnector will only pass on any connection parameters you set up to the
mysql layer.

If it fails for a particular TLS version, then I think it is more likely that the libmysql.dll is too old (or the openssl lib that it uses) and does not properly support TLSv1.2.

Michael.