On 02/06/2023 15:21, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
On 02/06/2023 15:07, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

If you do, do you use it within the range of the "longest line" only?

I use it, it was the first thing I enabled when it was available in Lazarus. I seldom use my mouse for text navigation (to slow) but in cases where I like to put my caret on a place using the mouse, it is in the visible area of the screen.
When using keyboard navigation it can be outside that area.

What if I want to add a comment at column 60 (think explanation about
enumerated value) but the max line length is 40 ?

Now I click at col 60 and add the comment. Will this still be possible ?

Yes, it will.
The question is how far should it allow by default?

Background:
Currently the scroll always goes to 1024. Except when the longest line is longer, then it goes (on any line) to the max = longest line. But never behind that.

In future, if you hold cursor-right, it will go further (like notepad ++, if "virtual space" is enabled).
Of course that covers the range for cursor keys.

Thats fine with me. Having the scrollbar limited to the max(screenwidht+something, longest line) makes sense.

Marc