On 08.06.2023 12:24, Giuliano Colla wrote:

Il 08/06/23 11:58, Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus ha scritto:
All in all, an over-complicated approach with little gain.

The gain would be that you do not add up rounding errors. We can't have fractional pixels, of course, but we may have the exact actual size at design/creation time, and for each different DPI the best approximation to the actual size. If you switch back and forth between two monitors with different DPI the rounding errors remain constant, they don't add up.

As I showed in my last email, switching back and forth between two monitors with different DPI the rounding errors remain constant even with the current integer-precision pixel values. The rounding errors never add up.

So the problem you want to solve does not exist in the first place.

Ondrej