On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 6:47 AM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2023, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via lazarus wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to run Sciter.TIS https://sciter.com/download/ on Lazarus, which
> > could be an open source project in the future — yes,
> > not the newer version (named Sciter.JS) as I don't need these new features.
> >
> > I've started looking into https://github.com/da-baranov/SciDe (~8 years
> > ago). Then, I discovered a fork
> > https://github.com/Mikanoshi/SciDe (~5 years old) and forked from it
> > because it is "newer".
> >
> > The da-baranov's original repository already tried to run on Lazarus, but
> > they have an issue which couldn't be solved:
> > https://github.com/da-baranov/SciDe/issues/3#issuecomment-87698772
>
> If you look at the issue, you see there is a commit that claims to solve
> this issue. Did you test if that commit is incorporated in your code ?

Yes, it is incorporated. First I checked it, but later forked the
repository from the author of this commit (mr. Mikanoshi), which is
newer...
But it didn't work.

> > I have the same issue, even using the newer version...
> > When it calls API.SciterWindowAttachEventHandler() here
> > https://github.com/Mikanoshi/SciDe/blob/master/source/Sciter.pas#L1439-L1440,
> >  the result is always SCDOM_INVALID_HWND.
> >
> > Why am I asking this here? Well, the project claims that it works from
> > Delphi 7 to newer; they could compile on Lazarus; I also
> > could compile (creating a package, a component, etc) on Lazarus; but it do
> > not work because something looks like different about
> > how a Handle works on VCL comparing to LCL.
>
> On windows, the handle should work the same. If you're working on another
> platform, then it works very different, and then you'll need to see what
> sciter
> actually expects.

I would like it to work on Windows, Linux and MacOS, but for now I
will be glad that it only works on Windows.

Marcos Douglas