On Fri, 22 Sep 2023, Timothy Groves via lazarus wrote:

Whenever a program I have written opens a created form, that form always appears precisely where it sat at design time, even if that would be way off the screen (my workstation has a 3440x1440 display, but the laptop I run many programs on has only 1280x800).  Typically, I have to encode something in FormCreate to force it to move, which is no better really.  Why won't the window manager just place it where it feels it should be, as it does with every other program out there?  I've tried changing form.Position in the Object Inspector to poDefault, or poDefaultSizeOnly and that made no difference, and if I set it to poDefaultPosOnly, it turns off AutoSize, and *still* makes no difference.  Is there any way to disable this behaviour?

What's wrong with using poScreenCenter or poDesktopCenter ?

Michael.