On Fri, 10 May 2024, Maxim Ganetsky via lazarus wrote:

commit 16e2f677e2b2e0eaf14bcb4ef67f4ed83db21cfe
Author: Juha <j...@lazarus-ide.org>
Date:   Fri Mar 8 07:21:11 2024 +0200

    LCL: Fix TForm.LastActiveControl behavior. Issue #40774, patch by Bernd Jung.

Anything else I could check ?

Please bisect to find commit that broke it for you.

I did that, going back half a a year (I did my last lazarus update roughly 2 months ago). It didn't change anything.

So I rebuilt 'bigide' instead of 'useride'. All worked.

I then removed the anchordockingdesign package, and after a make of useride,
the bug was no longer there.

Meaning the error is in the anchordocking package.

It seems I didn't start a new project since I activated anchordocking.
(which is a little over a month ago...)

Michael.