More details, try this:

-Doubleclick, but on the 2nd click keep the left button down / do not releas it.
- Now move the mouse

=> Windows, is fine, the current word stays selected, the mouse-move does nothing => GTK2 the mouse move acts as if there had be no doubleclick => The selection-end is following the mouse

The most likely cause is that the order of events differs (between mousedown and doubleclick)

Martin Friebe wrote:
Check if your mouse moves?

It works fine for me, except if I move the mouse between the 2 clicks.

Flávio Etrusco wrote:
Hi all,
I just wanted to know whether anybody using the Lazarus gtk2 "flavor"
(any recent 0.9.27) is experiencing a problem with double-clicks on
the source editor just selecting to the beginning of the word but not
to the end/right?

Best regards,
Flávio