You should now be able to configure your synedit in the desired manner.

In order to be able to click the "line" below a "[-]" sign add the following config
 Menu=>environments=>options=>editor=>mouse

Select "FoldTree" (the first entry in gutter) => this will catch any click anywhere in the fold part of the gutter; so if you do not want the click to act or act the same way on [+] / [-] symbols, then override the config in the sub-nodes.

- Add an entry to catch the desired click (left, single or any, down)
- Command Fold
- Mode: Current node (The minimum enclosing node)

if desired decide to move the caret

--
It is also possible to add config, so you can click at a "begin" or whatever actual text opens a fold area => and it will fold this node:
 Mode: At Caret

Best Regards
Martin

Martin Friebe wrote:

laz-synpatch-005.patch
This is a gross hack, but it allows clicking *anywhere* on the grey fold line in the gutter to fold that particular level of routine. I have some procedures that are very long and it's nice to be able to click on that line from the bottom of the procedure and have it fold up on me.

Just to let you know, do not worry about redoing your patch. I am working on related items, and will include a solution.

Martin