Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

Some time ago I've used a dual definition for the mouse wheel scroll: positive values indicate an item count (items=lines...), and negative values mean fractions of the page (window) size, e.g. -3 means 1/3 page. Such a convention could e.g. replace and extend the SynEdit half-page scroll option.

I would much rather like to see the dynamic scrolling support as can be seen in Mac OS X. Scroll the mouse slowly and content only scrolls a few pixels or lines. Scroll the mouse fast and the content scrolls my much larger amounts. I'm not a Mac OS X user, but I think that behaviour is fantastic.

I think all widgetsets could do with that behaviour as well.

Under windows you can set the amount of lines, in the windows control center. The Windows-Widgetsets, passes this information on to the individual components (except, it only picks up changes, if Lazarus is restarted).

Martin