On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

-compiler crashes do not effect the IDE

I like Florian's idea too. As for your statement above, how often does this really happen? In the last 4-5 years that I have been using FPC, the compiler has not once "crashed" on me. Yes it might report that there is a compiler error in my project, but I do not consider that a crash.

It's one thing if the compiler compiles once and exits.

It's a whole other matter if the compiler compiles multiple times, and must
properly reset itself prior to recompiling.

Michael.