dmitry boyarintsev schrieb:

What about newcomers?
Should we say: "Learn Delphi first, then come back here?" :)

That's the current state. Without the Delphi documentation and OH every newcomer to Lazarus is definitely lost :-(

Lazarus has been breaking Delphi backward-compatibility for a long
time already. It's natural to get rid of negative font heights, no?

Introducing more sophisticated features can mean more work at design time. But I agree that the handling of fonts, with regards to baseline adjustment and font sizes, could be improved with dedicated properties.

DoDi