Mattias Gärtner wrote:
Zitat von Jan Kowalski <bor...@gmail.com>:
I need to call ProcThreadPool.DoParallel with "local" procedure as a parameter.
Does DoParallel allow local procedures to pass a procedural parameters ?
I get err: Error:
Incompatible type for arg no. 1: Got "<address of local
procedure(Int64,Pointer,TMultiThreadProcItem);Register>", expected
"<procedure variable type of
procedure(Int64,Pointer,TMultiThreadProcItem);Register>"

That would be really helpful.
But I don't know how to define a local procedure type:

I wouldn't be sure it's possible. It makes no sense.

My guess:
A local (nested) procedure has access to the outer(parent or grand-parent if recursive) procedures variables (stackframe). Therefore a local procedure must expect to be somewhere below this parent.

If it was given as a pointer to some other procedure/object, and then called later, this may happen outside the parent. Then no such stackframe does exist, and the local procedure can not work.

Martin

type
  TMTLocalProcedure = procedure(Index: PtrInt; Data: Pointer;
                                Item: Pointer); ?
var
  p: TMTLocalProcedure;

procedure TestWithLocalProc;

procedure LocalProc(Index: PtrInt; Data: Pointer; Item: TMultiThreadProcItem);
  begin

  end;

begin
  p:=...@localproc;