On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Vincent Snijders wrote:

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
Tomasz Więckowski wrote:
Did you read grids reference ? -
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Grids_Reference_Page
StringGrid

Why is most of that information and method documentation not in the
fpdoc format included with LCL. There are some documentation in the
fpdoc format, but the wiki pages seems more extensive. Such information
should rather be in the fpdoc LCL (xml documentation) files/format.

I guess the writer of this article found it easier to write it in the wiki and I am happy he did, I rather have this in the wiki then remaining just in the head of the doc writer.

Lazarus and LCL documentation seems too scattered for me! It makes it
near impossible to find anything. And if you do find something, you have
no idea if it is actually the most up-to-date information. The Lazarus
project as a whole really needs to address this issue.

Any ideas how to accomplish this? Without hiring a dedicated document writer/manager?

It should not be too hard to write a small script which extracts the wiki
documentation and formats it as fpDoc topics ? The wiki has very limited
make-up possibilities, after all.

All the documentation manager would have to do is re-order and group the
topics.

I'll see if I can cook something up.

Michael.