> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
If I choose to ignore the above warning it compiles just fine but for one of the 2 tested programs I am getting an error on startup:
"Program could not be initialized correctly (0xc0150002)". It just
worked fine with earlier builds. It seems that this a bug of the
current build.
Never saw that one.

I now analyzed it to the point that it is caused by the CL32.dll of cryptlib. My program (tries to) use this dll in version 3.3.2 (http://cryptlib.sogot.de). But it crashes with the error from above when started on a Windows XP Home machine. This error does not appear when starting the same exe file on a Windows XP Professional pc. Very strange. When using the Cryplib Spy the error does not appear on the Windows XP Home machine either.

Independendly from the crash on the WinXP Home machine the SSH connection fails with cryptlib version 3.3.2. So I tried it with the newest version 3.3.3 (http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/index.html). Using this CL32.dll my program does not crash even on WinXP Home. But it is still fails to connect via SSH (it now even hangs).

I used the same cryptlib.pas I got for the cryplib version 3.3.2. The zip file for cryplib 3.3.3 also contains a cryplib.pas, but this one seems to be for Delphi only (or has syntax errors). In this forum posting: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=6982.0 it says that cryptlib is not supported on FreePascal. It refers to this documenentation: http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php/public:howto:sslplugin where FreePascal is listed for OpenSSL only (it seems, that the author of synapse Lukas Gebauer got frustrated to provide support for FreePascal because he had bad experiences as he mentioned here: http://www.mail-archive.com/synalist-pub...@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01800.html).

My question: Has anybody successfully used cryptlib (3.3.2 or 3.3.3) to implement a SSH connection with FreePascal? If yes, which version did you use?