Sergei Gorelkin wrote:
Lee Jenkins wrote:

I'll give it a try. I'm updating my snapshot installation of Lazarus on Windows, though I'm not sure if the fix will be included.

Also, Node.NextSibling doesn't seem to work either as it seems to return the exact same node and results in an endless loop.

That shouldn't be possible. Please check if your code does not reassign the node within the loop (my sample was just to demonstrate the basic principle, I don't pretend it's completely correct). If not, please file a bug report with a sample which can be used to reproduce.

That was indeed a mistake on my part <sheepish/>

I'll try again with the latest snapshot available. Pulling down and building from source is a bit of a pain on Windows.

I'm just a little surprised that there is/was such a problem with XML implementation in Lazarus as XML is fairly important these days. :-)

Speaking frankly, this one was probably the least important of all problems with that package :-)

I have updated my lazarus to latest snapshot and it seems to work OK now.

Now, for my own personal education:

M:\lazarus\projects\flexserver\gui_test\flexserver.exe
Heap dump by heaptrc unit
4669 memory blocks allocated : 1093938/1110912
4651 memory blocks freed     : 1093626/1110576
18 unfreed memory blocks : 312
True heap size : 294912 (112 used in System startup)
True free heap : 293264
Should be : 293456
Call trace for block $03579D08 size 16
  $0040D45B
  $00439AB7
$00422EBB TMAPPINGREADER__LOADMAPPINGS, line 66 of M:/lazarus/projects/flexserver/src/flex_mapping_reader.pas
  $00422C86  TFORM1__BUTTON1CLICK,  line 40 of main_form.pas
  $004C0BB4  TCONTROL__CLICK,  line 2227 of ./include/control.inc
  $0050352F  TBUTTONCONTROL__CLICK,  line 72 of ./include/buttoncontrol.inc
  $005039F5  TCUSTOMBUTTON__CLICK,  line 164 of ./include/buttons.inc
  $00503F51  TBUTTON__CLICK,  line 331 of ./include/buttons.inc

In the above trace, it looks like (and I have confirmed) the leak occurs inside of the LoadMappings method when I was using the TXMLDocument object before updating my lazarus snapshot, but I am curious as to why the addresses shown after "$00422EBB TMAPPINGREADER__LOADMAPPINGS" are blank and do not show entry into or use of TXMLDocument object. Unfortunately, I am not that experienced or skilled in the lower level stuff.

Thanks for any clarification.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee