Zitat von Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl>:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:42:52PM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
2009/10/12 Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl>:

> Btw, do not forget to test lview on Windows. Kchmviewer was horrible slow
> there (compared to the same version on fedora core), and I suspect the
> commctrl treeview widget, which is a known bottleneck, also in Delphi
> circles.

But that shouldn't make a difference to his timing results published?
His test application did not use any GUI components, so timing results
should stay the same on whatever platform is used.

True, but not factoring in treeview slowliness would make that a pretty
useless timing.

But I actually hoped to provoke some response from sb more knowledgable in
Lazarus about the state of the win32 treeview widget :-)

And it seems it is ok.

The lazarus TTreeView is custom drawn and you can add about 100.000 nodes per second. The main work is the measurement of the width/height of each node, which is needed for the scrollbars.
So far I only tested trees with about 300.000 nodes and speed was ok.
Just make sure you use BeginUpdate/EndUpdate.
For bigger trees you should consider adding/deleting the nodes on expand/collapse.

Mattias