Boian Mitov wrote:

It seems that I have completed the implementation in Windows, and so far it seems to work well. I am now working to change the ListView item editor to allow editing the state. In the next few days I will see if I can figure out how to implement the same functionality in Qt.

Very good.

What is the recommended way to get the changes in the repository?

First of all you need to perform all this changes using svn version:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Installing_from_source_2

For windows use tortoise svn.

Then after editing you can do a patch and attach it to the bug tracker issue. Then one of the developers can take it and apply.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.