On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 06:51:06AM +0100, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> > Eventually the new Version of FPC will be used, and eventually all code
> > has to be able to be compiled with it....
>
> I have several suggestions:
>
> - apply the new rules only in $mode Delphi
> - use an (global) switch to treat Inc/Dec as macros or operators
> - introduce new Incr/Decr macros, to reduce required editing of legacy code

FPC doesn't know parameterised macro's.

Oh, and before you judge the FPC devels, maybe try to find out if there was
a problem with this construct first. Most of these limitations are added not
just out of compatibility, but also because there was a bugreport about some
corner case where this would break.

> I'll have to get a SVN version of fpc, before I can start fixing my code...
> And if so, I only will replace Inc/Dec by my added Incr/Decr macros. You
> can do so yourself, already. Feel free to update my code accordingly :-)

That's a bit childish IMHO.