Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
2009/11/29 Vincent Snijders <vsnijd...@vodafonevast.nl>:
As Florian noted, Lazarus needs developers more than users.

And as I have stated over and over. With new users come new
contributors. I know I started as a user with no intention of
contributing. But after a while I saw Lazarus and parts of FPC not
that scary and managed to supply a few patches or features. Without me
being a users first, those contributions would not have occurred.

And yes, for the 100x time I know that not all users are contributors,
but it does increase the chances of contributions. Do you honestly
want to deny those possible contributions.

Please, take a look at the kind of (possible!) contributions.

I want more gtk2 developers (and thus users, that order), so I don't want to scare them away with a buggy 1.0. For windows users, I could use the trick of labeling beta quality software with 1.0, but for developers on linux, I doubt it?

So what do we get in your propase, more noise, testers (good!) and bug reports, because of more windows users, a better win32 lcl and ide and a lagging gtk2 widget set, partly because of less gtk2 widgetset contributors, partly because of current Lazarus resources will be spent more on win32 because that is where more using/testing/bug reports are coming from. And all because you traded to get more win32 users rather than gtk2 users. A bad strategy for Lazarus.

Vincent