Hi All

I know this is not a Zeos forum but I am new to Lazarus and still trying to decide whether it can meet the needs of an upcomming major open source initiative.

I am trying some simple db connectivity. Everything works under XP but I have a failure using the same code under Fedora11.

My SQL for the Zsql component is "select * from extras.countries. When I go to activate the component I get the error "Unknow MySQL data type!"

This is the databse/table structure

CREATE TABLE extras.countries (
 id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
 country varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 iso2 char(2) NOT NULL default '',
 iso3 char(3) NOT NULL default '',
 noc char(3) NOT NULL default '',
 PRIMARY KEY  (id),
 INDEX (iso2)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

--
-- Data for table countries
--

INSERT INTO extras.countries (country, iso2, iso3, noc) VALUES ('Canada', 'CA', 'CAN', 'CAN'); INSERT INTO extras.countries (country, iso2, iso3, noc) VALUES ('United States', 'US', 'USA', 'USA'); INSERT INTO extras.countries (country, iso2, iso3, noc) VALUES ('United States Minor Outlying Islands', 'UM', '', ''); INSERT INTO extras.countries (country, iso2, iso3, noc) VALUES ('Virgin Islands, U.S.', 'VI', 'VIR', 'ISV');

I have enclosed a screen shot of the error.

Any ideas where I am going wrong. I would realy like to see Lazarus' "Write Once - Compile Anywhere" statement be an actual reality.

Thanks

Chris

<<inline: Screenshot.png>>