2009/12/4 Henry Vermaak <henry.verm...@gmail.com>:
> This will give you the binutils for your architecture and that's
> probably not what you want.  You need to cross compile the binutils
> first, so you need to make distclean in your binutils directory, then
> ./configure --target=arm-linux.  You probably also want to use
> --prefix to control where the files get installed (I think /usr/local
> is the default).

Ok, thank you!
I tried to do:

make distclean
./configure --target=arm-linux
make

but I get some errors:

~/arm/binutils$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kjow/arm/binutils'
Configuring in ./intl
configure: loading cache ./config.cache
configure: error: `target_alias' has changed since the previous run:
configure:   former value:  `i686-pc-linux-gnu'
configure:   current value: `arm-linux'
configure: error: in `/home/kjow/arm/binutils/intl':
configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and start over
make[1]: *** [configure-intl] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kjow/arm/binutils'
make: *** [all] Error 2

> That's just the beginning, though, and if you need to use libc (like
> with lazarus), you need to cross build that, too.
>
> So, it's a lot easier to get the cross tools for the specific
> distribution your arm board is using.  Some distributions have a
> "master makefile" that auto automatically build the cross compilers
> and binutils.  If you've bought an arm development kit, the vendor
> usually supplies this for you.  See if you can find this before you
> attempt to build fpc.  Also note what c library your arm system is
> using (e.g. glibc, uclibc).

> I've used fpc on arm-linux, but never lazarus, since I've never seen
> an embedded board with gtk libs on.  Some of them have qt, though, but
> ymmv.  As far as graphics go, I've managed to use fpgui, since it
> talks to the x libraries directly and is very light weight.

I need to develop for Maemo platform (Nokia N900), it is a GNU/Linux
distribution based on Debian (arm) with X11 and all other things of
desktop version. There is a specific development kit, but it can run
any arm-linux compiled program (I read that in past versions, some
people have cross compiled for it)
I would to have a lazarus configured like for arm-wince, so
multiplatform will be fantastic!

Thank you!