Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> If you want to script your install in InnoSetup, you use pascal.
> A definite advantage for all Delphi/FPC people.

This is the first part of explanation. And the second part is the
suggestion to take as much as possible from configuration and
script file syntax of some existing open source installation system.
This way users would not have to learn new system from the scratch and
could reuse their knowledge. There is no need to maintain full
compartibility, just to take most important ideas. The good example of
this approach is fpGUI itself - it is not compatible with LCL/VCL but
it is easy for LCL users to understand the meaning of fields and
methods because they have familiar naming. I would like it very much
if migration between InnoSetup and new installation system were as easy
as migration between LCL and fpGUI. And PascalScript could help to make
it so.

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Zhirov