Hi,

What is the recommended way of highlighting (by changing cell background
color) certain cells based on there display value?

In Delphi I did the following:

* DefaultDrawing = False
* OnDrawDataCell I implemented the following.
    Check for criteria, then set Brush.Color
    Then call DefaultDrawDataCell

This saves me the trouble from having to manually draw everything like the
background color, border, text etc...

Unfortunately this "easy" method is not possible with Lazarus, because
DefaultDrawColumnCell doesn't paint the background (only text), it is done
somewhere else (not sure where). Is this an oversight, or by design?

If by design, what is the recommended way of doing this?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/