Hi everyone

I've been using delphi 4, 5, 6 for years, and only recently discovered Lazarus.
 I will definitely use it.

It seems to me that this is a major package, but it has (to my mind) zero
prominence on the web.  I may have missed something, but here is why:

1.  There is no mention of it on the Free Pascal page

2.  When one eventually finds a link to it, this link goes straight to  a forum
page.
  (Which says to me:   'you need to be an expert to be here'  )

3.  No obvious 'getting started' example.

4.  No info on how many users, downloads, use on projects  (i.e no Advert)

Surely Lazarus is one of the major tools of Free Pascal?  Personally - just to
be controversial - I would say that Free Pascal is a major part of the Lazarus
project, in the sense that a great IDE, with possibility of multi-platform
execution, and the hiding-away of much of the GUI coding, is the big deal.
(By 'hiding-away', I'm referring to the clunky connections to GUI toolkits that
one sees in Python and Ruby.)

Best wishes  (you have my support)

Mike Parr