WebDesign: Adds a new 'form'-designer to Lazarus-trunk. It can be used
to build websites. On Win32 there can be a live 'preview' of the
website, when Gecko/XULRunner is installed on the system. For it to work
the fcl-web_joost branch of Freepascal has to be used. (Or copy the
files in packages/fcl-web onto your checkout of fpc-trunk)

So, does it now only work on windows? On other platforms, I'm interested to use it on Mac, is it possible to work?

The fcl-web_joost branch of fpc also adds some functionality for server side and client side event handlers. It adds the basic abstract methods for that and you can create plugins to handle them properly. The jQuery
package adds a plugin for jQuery, but the idea is that the same
functionality can also be added for other java-toolkits, like ExtJS. For
some of the basic ideas I've looked at ExtPas.

Since ExtJS is already done by ExtPascal project, we could try on another toolkit. I propose to use Qooxdoo. I'm interested to do this since I intend to build eyeos-like web os using fcl-web. What should I do to use Qooxdoo with fcl-web?

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing
...writing stories at http://beeography.wordpress.com