Hello Lazarus-List,

RP> I tried a full clean+rebuild a dozen times.
RP> I also uninstalled everything and reinstalled again and this happened:
RP> - the attached screenshot appeared
RP> - I edited the option to  ..path..\fpc\2.4.0\source\
RP> - doing a full rebuild a after fresh install, the build failed because
RP> "fpspreadsheet was marked for installation but it could find it"
RP> my question is: where did it take the information about fpspreadsheet
RP> ??? is there anything left in the registry ? or a config file in a
RP> system directory ?

Looks like you have moved the original situation of fpspreadsheet
package, so you installed somewhere and now it is in another folder so
you must uninstall it from the package manager and then open the .lpk
file from the folder where it is located now.

RP> - same thing happens with the package "CPortLaz" ... in this fresh
RP> install I did not ask it to be installed, but the build failed because
RP> lazarus tried tu build it and it could find it.

After a clean+rebuild packages are still installed (in fact Lazarus
only known that a package X is located at folder Y). There is a config
file that holds that information and you can un/install them from the
package manager.

RP> I am a little lost.... how can I clean up my system??!!??

A good technique is use the --primary-config-path= parameter so you
know exactly where Lazarus stores its config and this way you can have
2 or more completly independent copies of Lazarus (in example the last
stable and the SVN one) simply setting this parameter to a different
path. I think the same effect in Windows can be achieved using
different usernames, one for last stable and one for SVN as in the
example.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun