On Sun, 7 Mar 2010, Daithi Haxton wrote:

Hi!
I've not posted here before, but I've been reading this list for about six months, and I've gotta weigh in on this one.

By way of introduction, I'm the Sr. Software Engineer/Team Lead for a major consumer electronics company in the US. We've been using C++ Builder for several years as our PC compiler of choice. It's allowed us to develop robust applications in very short time spans with very limited resources.

[ snip ]

In summary, Lazarus is a fantastic product. It's usable TODAY for commercial development. We've found it (the IDE) more stable on Windows than it's commercial counterparts. RAD Studio will generally lock at least one of our development machines once a day

Oh well, for me Delphi is no longer usable as a debugger since years.
So much for commercial products sometimes :/

- so far we've had only one issue with Lazarus, and that was on a Mac (and I reported the bug to Mantis, and it was fixed in three days - try that with you-know-who ....). These discussions are great, but please don't lose sight of what you've already got - a world class compiler and development tool that's being used right now to solve serious real world problems.

Which is exactly why I think that the person who started this thread has
tunnel-vision problems. The glass is half-full for me.

Thank you for this supportive comment !

Michael.