Flávio Etrusco escreveu:
> 2010/4/19 Zaher Dirkey <parm...@gmail.com>:
>> Look at
>> procedure TCustomForm.WMActivate(var Message : TLMActivate);
>>
>>   // The button reappears in some situations (e.g. when the window gets the
>>   //"urgency" flag) so we hide it again here.
>>   // This is the most important place to invoke UpdateShowInTaskBar, since
>>   //invoking it anywhere else seeems basically useless/frequently reversed.
>>   if (ShowInTaskBar = stNever) or ((ShowInTaskBar = stDefault)
>>     and (Application.TaskBarBehavior = tbSingleButton)) then
>>   begin
>>     UpdateShowInTaskBar;
>>   end;
>>
>> For non main form it hide and show every time the form is activated, when
>> use "Application.TaskBarBehavior := tbSingleButton" in the project.
>>
>> I think the to resolve a problem in GTK2 "The button reappears in some
>> situations"
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Zaher Dirkey
>>

> Thanks for testing it, Zaher.
> I guess we'll have to add a check for
> "WidgetSet.GetLCLCapability(lcNeedMininimizeAppWithMainForm)" in the
> code above, since the comments in TWin32WSCustomForm.SetShowInTaskbar
> suggest we can't eliminate the "hide" and I also see no WS-dependent
> way to determine whether we could skip SetShowInTaskbar when the value
> is already correct...
>
> -Flávio

My friends, I am very happy to see you determined to solve this problem.
This feature will help in productivity of many users who use Lazarus on
Linux (Ubuntu).

For you have an idea, look at the amount of downloads of DEB packages:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

Veeery thanks! :)

--
[]'s