On Mon, 17 May 2010, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2010 11:14:31 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2010, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2010 06:41:48 +0200
cobines <cobi...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's reported in Mantis.

The solution is to copy the needed .lfm files manually to the units
directory, where FPC can find them.

That is a workaround.

Both bug reports are in the category Lazarus, but they are FPC
issues. We need create to a FPC bug report otherwise they will never
be fixed.

Why ? The .lfm files are source files, not compiled files.

You must do the same in Delphi: copy all needed .res and .dcu files to
the search path.

So I don't think that this is a bug; It's a consequence of using different
paths for sources and compiled files.

I can't follow. Above you say the lfm is a source and now
you say we should add it to the path of the compiled files.

Does that mean, that we must pass the -Fu paths as -Fo paths
again?

No, I'm just saying that I don't think this is a bug in the compiler.

The compiler must be able to find the files it needs to create
an executable. It's the job of the user/IDE to put the files where
the compiler can find them.

Michael.