Hello Lazarus-List,

>> IMO thats redundant lines + more scrolling to read the code. whereas:-
>>
>> if x then begin
>>    code
>> end else begin
>>    if y then begin
>>      code
>>    end else begin
>>      code
>>    end;
>> end;

wk> the above format hurts my eyes... i cannot see else, for one thing, and
cannot
wk> separate out the individual code blocks... it is really bad when it spans 50
wk> lines or more... especially when it covers several pages... at that point,
you
wk> loose the rest of it...

That's because your search patterns are tied to your coding style.
I'm unable to follow your (and others) style because to me "begin" is
sintax sugar ( that's a personal appreciation, plese drop the guns :)
). I instantly catch the else because there is an "end" with something
after.

I'm not saying that my style is better, and nobody should try to
convince others which is the best one, at most "In this project the
style is this dot!"

I'm using this style since a lot of time because is the only one that
I can hold across multiple programming languages with minimal changes.
I'm sure there are more, but that's mine, not better, not worst. ( C
coders say the same about my style :-) ).

--
Best regards,
 José