What I miss in all code formatters is formatting fragments. For example
when the codetools adds missing procedures or when a code template is
inserted or when some fragment is pasted from clipboard the IDE should
format this fragment with the user settings. For performance reasons
the formatter should not rescan the whole unit every time a fragment
is inserted.

Mattias
This is also what I would like to see.

Indeed, I get confused when I see so many options for code formatters without visual feedback.

What I really would like to see is, when I do change an option, what the code will be like.

IOW, code formatter should be able to act upon code snippets too.